- AEDs widely available in communities
- Public education to include CPR & AED training
- Early activation of EMS
- Quality pre-hospital care to include: advanced airways, intra-osseous drug delivery, ipedence threshold devices and automated CPR devices
- Hospital care, centers of excellence to include: accessibility to revascularization, ICDs and EP, therapeutic induced hyptothermia
- Data collection and analysis
The goal: to improve survivability after cardiac arrest events by ensuring all stakeholders have the knowledge and resources they need to reach that goal. This is a excellent example of how a system-wide evidence-based and standardized approach to care can greatly impact patient outcomes.I have provided a link to the abstract below.
Take Heart America: A comprehensive, community-wide, systems-based approach to the treatment of cardiac arrest Lick et al. Critical Care Medicine: January 2011 - Volume 39 - Issue 1 - pp 26-33