Sunday, May 3, 2015

Yes, I'm a nurse! Celebrating Nurses Week


Its that time again! To celebrate nurses and all the amazing things we do! Yes, we do amazing things. I don't usually like to brag about it; in fact what we do, whether you are an LPN, RN, CNS, NP, and administrator or educator it is hard work. We have all been there at the bedside doing things no one else would or want to do. We have cried with patients and families. We have gone home and put our uniforms right into the trash. We have cried in the shower, swearing we could not possibly go back and do the job another day. But we do. Again and again.

I told my husband just yesterday that even when I come home after being screamed at by a desperate family member who is watching her mother with progressing Alzheimer's turn into someone she no longer knows, that I still love my job as a hospitalist. Even when I spend over an hour explaining there are no more options to a patient and her husband, that it is time for hospice and watch the hope fade from their eyes, yes, I still love my job.

I love being a dual-boarded APRN. I love teaching future nurses and APRNs this incredible profession. I love using my voice so that one day my state will be 'green' too!

Photo credits: AANP State Practice Acts and Administrative Rules


There are so many amazing things that nurses can do beyond the bedside: clinical education, quality, health policy, academia, informatics, professional organization, special interest groups, leadership, community health and volunteering - I could go on!

So this week, we take a moment and celebrate all that nurses do for patients, their families and each other. We reflect on where nursing has been and what lies ahead. Nurses are leading the way with inspiring nurses leaders like ANA President Pam Cipriano PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN who was recently selected among Top 25 Women in Healthcare and future and past AACN and AANP Presidents. We reflect back on history to influential nurses like Dorothea Dix who is attributed with creating the first mental health system and Mary Eliza Mahoney the first African-America nurse in the United States. And of course our beloved Florence Nightingale who became an advocate for the poor and infirmed, dedicated to improving the conditions for treating patients and used data to improve care. Our first nurse mentor that we still honor on her birthday.

Remember this week and every moment why we became nurses. Celebrate the good and amazing things we do. We have a lot of work to do but we are strong and compassionate professionals. And our patients deserve the best care we can provide to them.


5 comments:

  1. So what are your plans for the upcoming nurse week. I have been planning to give a nurse in our shift a surprise. This is actually her 50th year as a nurse.
    paediatric nursing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santamedical Launced New Wrist Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
    https://www.amazon.com/Santamedical-Automatic-Digital-Pressure-Monitor/dp/B07GF8B7R9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Hpv,Herpes,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Brain Cancer,Lung Cancer,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is  my testimony on how I was cured of HIV by Dr Akhigbe,with his natural herbal medicine.  on a regular basis in efforts to help others when I could. As you may know, each donation is tested.  Well, on July 6th I had a meeting with a Red Cross representative and was told that I had HIV. “What went through your mind when you heard that "Rose" Good question reader! To be honest, I thought my life was over, that I would ever find love, get married, have children or anything normal. Lucky for me I have an amazing support system.  My family supported me then I never thought that I was invincible to STD s or pregnancy or anything else parents warn their kids about. I just didn’t think about it. I was in a monogamous relationship and thought that I asked the right questions.  We even talked about marriage Scary.  During that time I was in college and donated blood on a re as well. who helped me in search of cure through the media.there we saw a good testimony of sister 'Kate' about the good work of Dr Akhigbe natural herbal medicine cure.then I copied his email address and contacted him. A good herbalist doctor with a good heart, he is kind, loving and caring. He replied back to my message and told me what to do. After a week the doctor sent me my herbal medicine and instructed me how to take it.Yes it worked very well, after drinking it I went to the hospital for another test and everything turned negative. What a wonderful testimony I can never forget in my life. Dr Akhigbe is a man who gave me a life to live happily forever so all I want you all to believe and know that cure of HIV is real and herbs is a powerful medicine and it works and heals.  Dr Akhigbe also used his herbal medicine to cure diseases like:   HERPES, DIABETES, SCABIES, HEPATITIS A/B, STROKE, CANCER, ALS, TUBERCULOSIS, ASTHMA, PENIS ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, LUPUS, LIVER CIRRHOSIS, DEPRESSION, HIV/AIDS, EPILEPSY, BACTERIAL, DIARRHEA, HEART DISEASES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, PARKINSON'S, ALZHEIMER, COLD URTICARIA, HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS,INSOMNIA,  BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, CHROME DISEASES, CHLAMYDIA, INSOMNIA HEARTBURN, ,  THYROID, MAR BURG DISEASES, MENINGITIS, ARTHRITIS, BODY WEAK, SMALLPOX, DENGUE, FEVER, CURBS, CHANCRE, ETC.   You are there and you find yourself in any of these situations, kindly contact Dr Akhigbe now to help you get rid of it. Here is his email address:
       drrealakhigbe@gmail.com      or you can write to him on whats app with his phone number:   +2349010754824.
      My appreciation is to share his testimony for the world to know the good work Dr Akhigbe has done for me and he will do the same for you.
       

    ReplyDelete