Friday, July 8, 2011

Finding Peace

As I sit here on my final full day of vacation looking over the sparkling blue waters of Lake Huron sipping my hot coffee breathing in the crisp air, I realize that I am totally relaxed and at peace. This is a far cry from where I was just one week and a day ago. As a critical care APN and ER nurse (and ACNP student in the ER) my work life is anything but calm. Add to that my flawed over-achieving, have-to-do-it-now-or-the-world-is-going-end & it-has-to-be-pretty-close-to-perfect thinking; it is the perfect set up for disappointment and lots of stress!

Ironically, I found this very timely article today about nurses and stress that I had to share as my vacation comes to an end tomorrow and we began the scenic drive back down towards the city and then take our plane back to our hometown and begin our hectic lifestyle all over again. I hope to heed the advice given - especially the work/life balance! Enjoy (it certainly can be applied to anyone in healthcare)

The Path to Stress Prevention for Nurses: Straight Talk, Simple Tips
http://tinyurl.com/3u3alew

No comments:

Post a Comment